Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Consolidating Crayons


Confession : Like many things in my house, I've been putting off cleaning up the mass of broken crayons in Addison's crayon container for a few years now - whoops. Well, this morning I was cleaning when I completely knocked down the crayon container spreading a rainbow across our dining room floor. Lovely. Addison wasn't doing anything important in the other room so we figured, why not go ahead and take care of this now ... or more like, "This crap is all. over. the. floor. Let's do this."We both sat down and started grouping crayons. I remembered the mini muffin pans we bought at our favorite antique spot and they ended up being PERFECT for this craft. 


Once grouped we popped them in the oven at 250 degrees for 15 minutes. Remove from oven, let cool and you'll have to figure out what is the best way to remove the lil guys. My method? Banging these pans against the counter.. so as you can see this may not work for all.

The only horrendous part of this ridiculously simple process was peeling the crayons. Never again will I tell a child NOT to peel a crayon ... .they should just stop putting paper on altogether truly. Just ask my thumbnail!


No comments:

Post a Comment