Thursday, February 12, 2015

Women of Faith 2014

I can't believe I haven't posted in about six months. Terrible blogger award. On the better end of things, I have much to share! I led a small group of women to Women of Faith last year. Four of them were attending for the first time. Having been a group leader for three years and with one year left for Women of Faith, I was glad to have three close friends by my side. Kelly, Sam and I made a night of it by staying overnight in the city. And what a valuable, inspirational, emotional, hilarious adventure we had. From the amazing vocals and testimony of Natalie Grant to the always promising and hysterical Patsy Clairmont and all the varying women in between I can't say I was surprised! I don't lie when I tell potential attendees that the weekend will change their life. We heard Lisa Bevere for the first time, she was the epitome of a strong and beautiful Christian woman. She shared her story of her wayward father who she came to accept after years of trying to help him seek Christ. Eventually, she realized God is the one in control as He is in all our lives. Kay Warren's testimony struck my group and I severely. With all but one of us being mothers, we were moved while she discussed her son's recent suicide and the negative and positive publicity that was brought on her family. She is the wife of Rick Warren, author of The Purpose Driven Life which was the book that I finished by looking at my husband and saying, "I accept Christ into my life! I am a Christian!" One message I specifically loved was that Jesus never asks us to fit a mold. This is such a misconception to many nonbelievers who believe Christianity to be a life of limits and restrictions but in truth, to me, it is clarity, freedom, opportunity for GOOD. 

I worked on gift baggies for my ladies as I do each year and this year I included a weekend journal with an excerpt from my Streams in the Desert devotional. I will leave you with this same inspiring message. 

The best things in life are the result of being wounded. Wheat must be crushed before becoming bread, and incense must be burned by fire before its fragrance is set free. The earth must be broken with a sharp plow before being ready to receive the seed. And it is a broken heart that pleases God.
Acts 14:22









No comments:

Post a Comment