Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Tasty Tuesday : Roasted Brussels Sprouts

I have not taken on brussels sprouts in ages and I'm not sure what possessed my husband to buy them randomly but they were overstaying their welcome in our refrigerator so I decided to work with them. I love roasted cauliflower and kale chips as well as their simplicity so I decided to take this approach with the brussels sprouts. I began by pouring them all in a bowl and dousing them in some salt free seasoning as well as red wine and oil. I mixed them for a bit and let them sit for a few minutes while the oven warmed up to 450 degrees. Once the oven was all set, I placed the brussels sprouts on a baking sheet and lightly poured over them the leftover mixture from the bowl. They baked for about 22 minutes and every few minutes I'd shake the baking pan a few times so that they'd roll into the seasoning and cook evenly. We paired them with some orange slices and tenderized pork chops for lunch. Want to know if they were good? Well, my three year old ate them which tells me I did a fine job. Granted, she's not a picky eater but still, brussels sprouts ... 

No comments:

Post a Comment