Friday, June 13, 2014

Father's Day

Some of my fondest memories with my dad are fishing, visiting the pet store to get pet supplies (or pets if I asked nicely enough - hehehe), going with my dad when he coached basketball, Colgate football games, and our summer vacations around the New England states with all their historical glory. I feel blessed for all those wonderful experiences and it's a joy come full circle to see Micah making memories with Addison.  

For most of Addison's life, Micah has worked long and late hours but did his best to find time in the mornings before work to spend some time with her. With his amazing new job he fiiinally has regular hours - something we have prayed on for what seemed far too long. Of course, God's timing is perfect no matter what our expectations are. I could say so much about how grateful we are to have Micah home around dinnertime and on weekends (especially when I think of his 100+hr weeks and 3am return times Thurs-Sun ..) but I think this photo says it all. I was giving Addison a bath one evening after dinner and after a full day at work, anxious to get out of work clothes and shower himself, Micah instead plopped down on the bathroom floor to play Barbie with his little girl. 

Happy Father's Day to my dad, Dad Vitale and all the dad's out there - but especially my Micah!

No comments:

Post a Comment