Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Tasty Tuesday : Berry Cobbler



This was so awesome!! We had an Easter Egghunt for the kids today and this was the perfect, healthy quick fix dessert. I didn't have much time after taking care of my sicky all night and doing as much cleaning as possible this morning before guests came around 10am and this simple recipe could not have been more perfect.

INGREDIENTS : 2 12oz bags of frozen berries and/or fruit (I used strawberries)
 1 box white cake mix
1 can of diet sprite or sierra mist

INSTRUCTIONS:
Place frozen fruit in a 9x13 baking dish and spread to cover the bottom of the dish. Sprinkle the dry cake mix over the fruit. If you'd like to mix, now would be the time (I didn't). NO MIXING AFTER SODA as it creates the crust/cobber effect. Slowly pour soda over the cake mix.  Bake at 350 for 45-50 minutes, let cool. 

Serves 16.
 4 PointsPlus

Apparently this is Weight Watchers friendly. I wouldn't know but, let me tell you, it was fabulous!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment